Why has security system monthly rates jumped so high?
Inflation in today’s economy has led homeowners and small business owners to find a way to reduce overall monthly costs. Finding an affordable home security system monthly rate is one of the ways to reduce overall monthly cost. A homeowner can expect to pay anywhere from $40 to $100+ monthly cost for a home security system with most other companies. Premier Security’s affordable monthly rate starts at just $12.00 with most clients around $25.00 monthly. Why pay more?
Breaking that price range down, there are two primary cost factors associated with a monthly security bill with most companies in today’s economy:
- Financed equipment costs: If you finance security hardware with other companies, the cost will show up in your monthly security bill. On average this adds around $10 to $70 or more per month to your bill.
- Alarm monitoring: This is the cost you pay for a professional company to monitor your home. You can expect to pay around $20 to $60 per month to your bill.
This can lead to double monthly charges from most companies. The initial contractual period rate for the equipment + monthly monitoring rate never goes away even after the term period is reached and most of the time increases annually.
At Premier Security, we don’t finance equipment at a monthly rate, providing a truly affordable monthly alarm monitoring rate. If you have an existing home security system, our affordable monthly rates in today’s economy make even more sense when you make the switch to our service.
In this article, we’ll break down these price factors further to give you a better idea of what a monthly security bill is comprised of.
Or, if you’d like to speak with a Premier Security professional directly about pricing, you can call our office at 770-217-0670
Factor #1: Monthly Rates for Security Hardware
Some security companies allow you to finance the upfront cost of a new security system upon request. Once a customer is approved for financing, the full cost of the hardware and installation can be broken down into monthly payments until the hardware is paid in full.
On average, financed hardware and installation costs can add about $20 to $80 per month to your security bill until the equipment is paid off
Some price factors may increase or decrease the total cost of your equipment financing, including:
- Discounts you receive: Some security companies may offer discounts on hardware cost to new customers who sign a 3-5 year monitoring contract.
- Type and amount of equipment installed: If you install multiple video cameras, door and window sensors, security touchscreens, smart home products and more, the cost will quickly add up.
- Installation costs: Installation costs can include both labor and parts. If costs for your installation aren’t paid in full up-front, it may be in your first monthly bill or broken down into multiple installments on future bills.
Factor #2: Monthly Monitoring Costs
Ongoing Home Security alarm monitoring rates is what most homeowners think of when they’re considering the monthly cost of a security system. While there’s a significant variance in monthly rates with companies, in our opinion at Premier Security some of the monthly home security system rates have skyrocketed out of control.
If you elect to have a professional security company monitor your home for you, the total price per month will depend on these factors:
- Size of your home: Homes with many access points will require more sensors and cameras to properly defend it. Some security companies will add to the monthly monitoring cost per camera or motion sensor installed.
- Landline vs. cellular monitoring: Landline monitoring costs less per month than cellular (LTE) monitoring. The downside is that your security system can be turned off with a single cut to your outdoor telephone line service connection. With Premier Security, Landline monitoring averages around $12 per month, while cellular monitoring averages $25 per month.
- Environmental sensors: Most companies charge an additional monthly rate for adding sensors which detect heat, smoke, carbon monoxide, flooding and more. This can quickly add up depending on how many of these sensors your home needs. Premier Security does not charge an additional monthly rate for fire, heat and CO alarm monitoring added onto the home security system.
Factor #3: Savings Associated with Your New Home Security System
Many homeowners don’t realize that a home security system can save them money on insurance premiums:
- You could reduce insurance premiums by 5% to 20% with a monitored home security system.
- Environmental sensors like heat, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors may give you a larger insurance discount.
Those savings should be considered when you tally up the monthly cost of a home security system.
Want Professional Home Security Monitoring at an Affordable Monthly Rate?
To get accurate pricing information for your specific needs, it’s best to contact local security companies in your area like Premier Security Inc. and request quotes. Be sure to ask about any hidden fees, contract terms, and cancellation policies to make an informed decision.
Additionally, compare the features and services offered by different companies to ensure you’re getting the level of security and monitoring that suits your needs.
Premier Security helps homeowners identify the right kind of affordable home security system monthly rate and establish monitoring service at a price they feel comfortable with.
- Affordable monthly rates with Premier Security for both homeowners and small businesses
- No long-term contractual obligation
- Fast, reliable home security system monitoring response
Don’t hesitate to call us today at 770-217-0670 or schedule a time for a Premier Security professional consultant to visit your home.
Contact Us Home
Thank you for your interest in Premier Security. Please fill out this form and one of our home security consultants will respond shortly.