Have you just moved into a new residence and you’re wondering what to do with the pre-installed wired home security system? One of the questions that come to mind is, should you replace the existing home security system or use and reactivate it?’
What should I do, replace or reactivate?
While most home security companies recommend installing a new home security system over their existing counterparts, in a situation where you already have an existing home security system it would be economically viable to use and reactivate it. As the system is already installed, you save on equipment and installation costs. Many times the existing infrastructure is more robust than the cookie cutter packages offered by DIY installation companies or even professional installation companies.
This is what our company specializes in.
Reactivating and using existing home security systems is our company speciality. Premier Security can activate and reuse almost all existing home security systems. When you already own a wired system, reactivating your existing system is a perfectly fine choice. In fact, it’s the practical choice. Our security professionals have experience and the technical know how to work on all major manufacturers. Honeywell Resideo and First Alert systems, 2Gig, DSC, Interlogix, Qolsys, FBI, ADT systems, and UTC GE Interlogix Networx existing home security systems are all available to be reactivated with Premier Security.
The system’s reliability is largely influenced by its installation age. If it is less than 10 years, it is most likely still reliable. A system that’s older than 20 years will have outlived its lifespan and functionality. The features and aesthetics that you want your home security system to have will also influence your decision to reactivate or replace.
Luckily, most existing home security systems are compatible with our alarm monitoring features such as sending text messages to your cell phone, interactive services, and sending alarm signals to our remote monitoring station.
How do you reactivate the existing home security system?
- You can begin the reactivation by calling 770-217-0670 or filling out our Contact form
- A Premier Security operator will go over some basic information about your existing home security system and how you would like it monitored.
- One of Premier Security’s security system consultants will come to your residence and reactivate the existing home security system. At this time should you choose to add to the existing system, the technician will install any additional components you have requested.
- Our security consultants will run a full diagnostic test on all existing home security devices.
- Installation of an LTE cellular alarm communication device or hookup to the existing phone line connection to include communication testing to our Georgia central station.
- Yard signs and decals for visible protection and deterrence
- Issuance of certification of protection for homeowner‘s insurance discount
Why choose Premier Security to monitor my existing home security system?
Choosing Premier Security to reactivate your existing home security system is easy for a number of reasons. Most companies will try and sell a new system. At Premier Security, we offer the affordable option to reuse your existing security system. This saves on up front installation costs. No contract with Premier Security on all alarm monitoring options. We are the best of the best when it comes to activating existing home security systems. Our technicians have the knowledge and are licensed professionals to ensure you are protected when you need it most. Our customer care representatives are available to answer any questions and serve the needs of each customer. Finally, our UL Georgia 24/7/365 central monitoring facility has an industry leading response time when your existing home security system sends an alarm. Find out the difference in home security system monitoring today with Premier Security!
Premier Security Inc.
109 Anderson Street Suite 100
Marietta, GA 30060